Are you planning a trip to Rome, the capital of Italy, and wondering where to stay? Look no further because we have got you covered. Rome is a beautiful city with a rich history, culture, and stunning architecture. It can be overwhelming to decide where to stay in Rome since each neighborhood has its unique charm and attractions. Therefore, we have prepared this comprehensive guide to help you choose the best neighborhoods to stay in Rome for a memorable vacation.
The Ultimate Guide to Planning an Affordable and Memorable Honeymoon in the US(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Trastevere – The Bohemian Neighborhood Trastevere is a charming and vibrant neighborhood located on the west bank of the Tiber River. It is known for its narrow cobblestone streets, historic churches, trendy restaurants, and bars. Trastevere is an excellent option for those who want to experience Rome’s lively nightlife, culture, and authentic Italian cuisine. Some of the best hotels to stay in Trastevere are The Hotel Santa Maria, Hotel Ripa Roma, and Hotel San Francesco.
- Monti – The Hipster Neighborhood Monti is one of Rome’s trendiest neighborhoods located between the Colosseum and Termini Station. It is a charming and picturesque neighborhood with small boutiques, vintage shops, and art galleries. Monti is also known for its vibrant nightlife, excellent restaurants, and cafes. If you are looking for a bohemian and trendy neighborhood to stay in Rome, Monti is the perfect choice. Some of the best hotels to stay in Monti are The Fifteen Keys Hotel, Nerva Boutique Hotel, and Hotel Artorius.
cheap hotels(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Prati – The Fashionable Neighborhood Prati is a chic and upscale neighborhood located near the Vatican City. It is known for its elegant shopping streets, high-end boutiques, and stylish restaurants. Prati is a perfect neighborhood for those who love fashion, luxury, and high-end shopping. Some of the best hotels to stay in Prati are The Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Hotel Roma Aurelia Antica, and Hotel Della Conciliazione.
Exploring Istanbul: A Comprehensive Guide(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Testaccio – The Culinary Neighborhood Testaccio is a food lover’s paradise located south of the city center. It is known for its street food, local markets, and traditional Roman cuisine. Testaccio is an excellent neighborhood for those who want to experience authentic Roman culture, food, and traditions. Some of the best hotels to stay in Testaccio are The Hotel Re Testa, Hotel Sant’Anselmo, and Hotel San Francesco a Ripa.
- Centro Storico – The Historical Neighborhood Centro Storico is the heart of Rome and one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city. It is home to some of Rome’s most iconic landmarks, such as the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the Trevi Fountain. Centro Storico is an excellent option for those who want to be close to Rome’s historical sites, museums, and monuments. Some of the best hotels to stay in Centro Storico are The Hotel Artemide, The Inn at the Roman Forum, and The First Luxury Art Hotel.
Rome travel guide(Opens in a new browser tab)
In conclusion, Rome has something for everyone, and choosing the right neighborhood to stay in can enhance your vacation experience. Whether you prefer a bohemian and lively atmosphere, a trendy and hipster neighborhood, a chic and fashionable district, a culinary adventure, or a historical landmark, Rome has it all. We hope this guide has helped you choose the best neighborhoods to stay in Rome for a memorable vacation. Happy travels!